Philosophy & Operation
History of Longhorns
Farm Manager- Shawn Pequignot
Bluegrass Longhorn Sale
Cherry Blossom Sale
Cherry Blossom Futurity
Great Northern Longhorn Classic
G&G Fall Classic
Cherry Blossom Sale Consignment Rules
1. All nominations must be received by the Cherry Blossom Sale management by the deadline of January 29,2024. Each nomination is subject to acceptance by the Sale Committee.
2. All cattle must be registered in the seller's name. Calves selling at the dam's side must be noted on the dam's transfer application.
3. The consignment fee will be $300 plus 8% commission. a. $300 must accompany each nomination application. Make checks payable to G&G Longhorns. The commission will be deducted from the sale proceeds. Mail checks to the G&G Longhorns 3333 Jacks Shop Rd. Rochelle VA 22738 b. Failure to sell your animal will result in forfeiture of the $300 consignment fee. c. Scratched lots will result in forfeiture of the $300 consignment fee. Substitutions will be permitted after the consignment deadline; however, the seller will be responsible for providing all relevant information (i.e. Original Registration Certificate, Transfer Application, Consignment Form, etc.) to G&G Longhorns no later than April 1, 2024
4. All nominations must be accompanied by the following:
a. Signed Consignment Form.
b. Check for $300 consignment fee.
c. A catalog quality photograph of your animal in one of the following formats: i. Standard 4" x 6" size. No Polaroid photos will be accepted. ii. Digital photo (.jpeg) can be sent via email to: 1. email@example.com
d. Original ITLA or TLBAA Registration Certificate. e. Completed, ITLA or TLBAA Transfer Certificate. If your consignment has a calf at side, be sure to fill in the breeding information so the calf can be registered.
f. If your cow has been artificially inseminated, an official ITLA or TLBAA Breeding Certificate signed by the technician is required.
5. The Cherry Blossom Sale & G&G Longhorns assumes no responsibility for any guarantee made by seller.
6. All cattle must be tested for interstate shipment. Each animal must have an individual Health Certificate showing brucellosis and T.B. tests, unless from a certified-free brucellosis or TB herd. (Cattle from certified- free states must be still be tested.) All cattle must be tested within 30 days of sale date. Health papers must be dated within 30 days of sale date. Serological test for brucellosis must be conducted in a State/Federal lab.
7. All cattle consigned to the Cherry Blossom must have an identification tag that meets the approval of the State of Virginia. Typically, cattle must either have a metal OCV ear tag (right ear) or an RFID ear tag (left ear). The official identification number from the ear tag must be shown on the health papers.
8. Health papers must contain all the information outlined in the Health Requirements, properly completed health papers must be presented at the time the animal enters the sale facility, and each consignor is responsible for delivering all required papers to the sale chairman or his representative. Make sure your veterinarian clearly identifies the private herd number of your animal. For those with certified free herds, it will be necessary to have your last test date for your herd certification noted on your health papers, along with a list of cattle tested.
9. Consignors are required to have a completed health certificate for each animal consigned to the sale. Normally, the veterinarian will complete one health certificate even if there are several animals to be included. Duplicate copies of the original health certificate can be used for each lot. Animals without complete health papers will be rejected, and all consignment fees forfeited.
10. Please be aware that the latest Virginia health requirements do not allow for any latitude. Without complete health papers as per paragraph #6, and proper ear tag identification per paragraph #7, the Cherry Blossom Sale will not be able to accept your consignment. The consignment will not be unloaded from the trailer, and your consignment fee will be forfeited.
11. All exposed females, with or without calves at side, must be blood tested for pregnancy or palpated by a licensed veterinarian and pregnancy status written on the health certificate.
12. The sale chairman or his representative will visually inspect all cattle upon arrival at the sale facility. All inspections will be carried out with utmost discretion.
13. The Cherry Blossom Sale & G&G Longhorns assumes no responsibility or liability for any guarantee made by the consignor. All guarantees are strictly between the consignor and the buyer. The Cherry Blossom Sale is not responsible for the health or safety of animal consigned to the sale. This includes loss of life, loss of health, loss by theft or other perils.
14. All consignors must comply with all of the above rules and regulations and conditions subsequently passed by the Cherry Blossom Sale.
15. SALE MANAGEMENT: Chase Vasut (512) 917-8654 or
or Shawn Pequignot (540) 406-3155 or
This is an integral part of your consignment form and must be signed in order to complete your consignment. Neither the Cherry Blossom Spring Sale nor G&G Longhorns assumes liability or responsibility for any guarantee made by the consignor/owner. All guarantees pertaining to consigned animals are strictly between the consignor/owner and buyer. Neither the Cherry Blossom Spring Sale nor G&G Longhorns is responsible for the health or safety of any animal consigned to the Cherry Blossom Spring Sale. This includes loss of life, loss by theft, or any other perils. All consignors/owners must comply with all the rules and regulations of this event and fully understand the waiver/consent form and agree to its terms. With your signature, you hereby agree to the conditions of the event and agree that all guarantees are between buyer and seller. You further agree to indemnify and hold harmless the Cherry Blossom Spring Sale, G&G Longhorns, sales staff, and duly authorized representatives from any and all claims, demands, causes of action or liabilities of any nature which may arise from or are in any way related to the Cherry Blossom Spring Sale; and that if the buyer of a consigned animal is unable to accept delivery because of interstate health requirements, neither the consignor, nor the Cherry Blossom Spring Sale, G&G Longhorns or its management, shall be responsible for refund or adjustment.
G&G Texas Longhorns
3333 Jacks Shop Rd, Rochelle, VA 22738
©2024 G&G Texas Longhorns